||Raises dissolved calcium and replenishes iodine levels, essential for reef aquariums
Accelerates desirable pink and purple coralline algae growth. Unique, single-bottle formulation immediately raises dissolved calcium levels and targets live rock surfaces. Replenishes iodine levels and won’t encourage nuisance algae growth. Use 5 ml (1 capful) per 50 gallons once daily. 16 oz.
|Directions: Shake well before use. Add 1 capful (5 ml) per 50 gallons no more than once daily. Place in the sump, near a powerhead outlet, or any high flow area of the system for rapid dispersal. Purple Up will cause some temporary cloudiness. Check calcium levels regularly. Adjust dosage of Purple Up to maintain calcium levels between 380 ppm and 420 ppm (380 mg/L to 420 mg/L). Do not exceed 420 ppm on a regular basis or significant precipitation will occur. (IMPORTANT!Wait at least 1 hour after using Purple Up to test calcium levels or erroneously high calcium levels may be indicated).Factors for Best Coralline Algae Growth:
- Purple Up does not contain coralline algae. Some coralline algae must already be living on rocks or aquarium glass.
- High dissolved phosphate levels inhibit the growth of coralline algae (and corals) and favors the growth of nuisance algaes. Check phosphate levels and use Phos-Buster or other products to lower phosphate levels if necessary.
- Carbonate hardness levels should be maintained at natural seawater levels or higher.
- High nitrogenous waste levels encourage nuisance algaegrowth, keep nitrogenous waste levels in check.
- Keep pH in the range of normal seawater (8.2).
- Light spectrum in the range of 5500°K or higher favors the growth of coralline algae.
- Grazing animals such as snails, tangs, and reef friendly hermit crabs encourage coralline algae by consuming competing fast growing nuisance algaes.
- Coralline algaes have a life cycle that determines the speed of formation of new colonies. Different species of coralline algaes may grow at different rates. It is not unusual to take several months for pink and purple coralline algaes to reach rapid growth rates.